Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Must Try Thai - Bodhi Tree

I have a new favorite Thai spot. Check it out - Bodhi Tree. Food, Decor, Service, all excellent. I had the lunch take-out once, the price is great and it comes with two tasty side dishes. I recommend the Taro dumplings!

For dinner we had Roti Massaman which came with a rich, spicy Massaman curry for dipping the doughy roti. They have a special Thai-Tastes menu which comes with the disclaimer "These dishes are served spicy. Do not order if you cannot eat very spicy. Do not ask us to make it less spicy, it is our aim to keep these dishes true to the original recipes." Much Respect! Of course I ordered a dish off of this menu - 3 out of 4 spicy stars. It was a delicious plate of glass noodles with shrimp, squid, and minced pork with tomatoes, onions, and fresh red chilis in a lime-lemongrass dressing. Very tasty, although I would have liked it if peppers were diced into the dish instead of being served whole.

Go ahead and give it a Thai-Try next time your in the East Vill. Any thoughts...? Does Bodhi Tree beat my old favorite Thai-Standby, Boyd?

(Props to Farmer Benny on the find!)

No comments:

Post a Comment