Monday, June 27, 2011

Could You Quit Eating Animals?

What if you knew you could have a world full of healthier people, greater fish populations, less disease, less pollution, and a sharp decrease in animal abuse? Would you be willing to sacrifice your animal-eating lifestyle - including Thanksgiving Turkeys, to make these changes happen?

On this radio program, two great food authors, Jonathon Safran Foer (vegetarian) and Anthony Bourdain (omnivore, if there ever was one) debate the ethics of animal consumption as they relate to health, economy, environment, and culture.

I would personally recommend both of the authors' books. While Foer's book did not make me stop eating meat (I am perhaps the only person I know who has read Eating Animals and continued eating meat, actually), Bourdain's book did make me use a lot more shallots in my cooking...

No comments:

Post a Comment