Sunday, October 4, 2009

Last Night: Gluttony Hour


The Arscott-Sheil wedding last night was no joke. I went for the "fill up on hors d'oeuvres" strategy.

I walked into the reception hall and was immediately shocked to see a huge raw bar... I mean, you don't get that every day. 2 types of oysters, 2 types of clams and mounds of plump cocktail shrimp. I limited myself to a half dozen. Wonderful briny bi-valves paired with a Ketel on the rocks - splendid start to an evening!

On to my favorite... the salty meats. Melt-in-your-mouth Prosciutto, salamis, soppressata, pepperoni. A dozen different cheeses. Marinated artichokes, mushrooms, etc. Mmm... so salty. More Ketel. Seltzer on the side.

How about the passed hors d'oeuvres? Duck pate, Filet Mignon on a stick, Buffalo chicken, Lobster pastries, raspberry-brie tarts, duck spring rolls, asparagus bruscetta, meat empanadas, bacon-wrapped scallops, and the kicker... you ready... Lamb Chops. What more can I guy ask for? You mean, all I have to do is stand here with a drink in my hand, and a nice young man in a tux will come by every few minutes and offer me another lamb chop? Life is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment