Friday, September 25, 2009

I'll Take It To Go: Sapporo

Sapporo is one of my top favorite restaurants in the city, hands down. I stop by there anytime I'm even remotely in the area. It's great for the sit-down date, the quick beer and snack, the solo soup slurp... but can it handle the takeout. Survey says - YES!

I'm actually a bit surprised. I find that noodles often don't travel well. I stopped taking out hand-pulled Chinatown noodles because they're mushy in twenty minutes and the broth gets flat as it cools.

But Sapporo's Ramen held up beautifully. One container of Tan Tan Men (office favorite) and one Miso Ramen (for the spice-averse) plus 2 orders gyoza served 3 of us. Wonderful! The soup was still steaming even after the subway ride, the noodles were firm and tasty and the gyoza was the perfect porky vinegary compliment to the rich spicy sesame soup. I'll never get tired of this place, although I do miss DJ Kenta.

No comments:

Post a Comment